Monday, September 26, 2016

Readers Are Amazing!

I had the privilege of participating in a weekend-long event on Facebook honoring and celebrating the one year anniversary of mrblackthorne.com. The time spent there was amazing. I had so much fun playing the games, reading posts and comments, and getting to know everyone a little bit better.


We all come from so many different backgrounds, and we all began reading, writing, or both for various reasons. It was a joy to share with everyone my reasons, my joys, my struggles - a little bit more of myself.


If you did not make it, I am sorry you missed such an incredible time. It was definitely an experience like no other, and I will miss that time although the hours spent have marked a place for themselves in my heart forever. Friends were made, bonds were formed, and memories were created.


I began my writing journey for one reason three years ago, but I continue for a completely different reason: YOU! You, the reader who enjoys short stories for escape. You, the reader who loves to gain new ideas to add a little spice to your relationship. You, the reader, who just loves to read and chooses one of my stories as part of your day - of which I am humbled. Out of thousands, millions of books out there, to know there are people reading one of mine is an incredible feeling. That feeling intensifies when I hear what you thought of it. Because, I'll be honest, we writers/authors do not always know how well received our stories will be and that is a scary feeling. I often struggle with whether I should continue a series, or move on. One way I make that decision is reading reviews. Reviews play a HUGE role in whether or not a series makes it one book further, or stops dead. I have been blessed with some amazing reviews on some of my fun stories, which have led me to write more in a series which was never intended to be anything more than a standalone book.


So, I wanted to dedicate this blog post to you readers. You make my hobby a more enjoyable one with each comment, message, like, share, review you leave, and I could not be more grateful for you than I already am.


Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.


Oh! And for those who were not able to make it to that event, I have something for you. I did my cover reveal for Blind Surrender (featuring the gorgeous model, Jimmy Thomas of Romance Novel Covers), and now I will share it with you, along with a special excerpt! (I always share this stuff first with my email club, along with exclusive offers. You can join my email club HERE, if you would like to get inside info, sneak peeks, and exclusive treats.)




Special Excerpt:


    "Finally, after months of giving, weeks of playing the games of seductions, she had to walk away.
It shattered her heart, killed her soul, to walk out that door and not look back, but she had to. She had to do that to protect her heart from total destruction, from complete and utter annihilation. Even though she walked away and left him behind, the memories were a constant in her mind.
   

    Their first kiss…
   

    His first whisper on her skin…
   

    Their first touch…
   

    The first time she made love to him.


    Each, and every memory was imprinted on her heart and in her soul.  She would never be the same Samantha as she was before Brian, and she didn’t want to be. Because that Samantha had never opened herself up to experience true pleasure, she never embraced her inner desires the way he taught her to do. So no, she wouldn’t want to go back to her.
 

    Her phone buzzed – a text from Brian. She pressed delete without reading it, yet stared at the blank screen. Reading anything from him would only bring the tears. She was tired, exhausted from all the crying. She didn’t want to do that anymore, so she would continue to ignore his calls, delete his emails and texts, and avoid going anywhere she knew he would be. If just thinking of him caused this bruising, searing pain in her chest, she didn’t want to imagine, or feel the pain that would come if she were to read his words, hear his voice, see him.


    So, for her safety, her sanity, she avoided, deleted, and ignored.


    Were those the wisest choices? She didn’t know. They probably weren’t. But, for her, for right now, they were the only choice for her to make...."

4 comments:

  1. The event was an epic one and it wouldnt have happened without all of the hard work and dedication of yourself, Tori Dean and, of course, Mr. Blackthorne. Kudos to all of you!

    And to all the WPWs that contributed and attended...amazing work people! I've always maintained you are a collection of brilliant and creative minds; this weekend gave proof to that theory.

    To all the slaves (attendees), incredible support was felt by all of us. Thank you so much. I hope you've found a new favorite author or two! As Ashlee said, we write for YOU.

    Great blog, Ash! Thanks for letting me hijack it to say a few words!! 💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mystk. Helping with that event was a pleasure, and I cannot wait until the next one. It may have been a lot of work, but it was worth it to see everyone enjoying themselves. <3

      Delete
  2. Wonderful blog, Ash! Gracious as always. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete